Monday, November 18, 2013

Facebook leads to biological family

I read a heart-warming article this week.

Elizabeth Boys is a woman who was adopted when she was a day old. She had not tried to find the biological mother until her older sister who was adopted too found her real mother. After that, she used Facebook to find her biological family. She posted a message about her project. 36 hours later, she got a message from her real brother who have never met. Finally, she met her brother and had a good time with her real family.

I do not use Twitter or Facebook because I am afraid of spreading our information. Some people use SNS with wrong way for example, to post slander or use an online dating site just for fun. Therefore, my impression of SNS was not good, but it changed after I read this article. I surprised that it worked for finding biological family on Facebook. It was a good example to use SNS. I know that causes of spreading information are not only SNS, so we should care about how we keep our information. Elizabeth did not know that she had an older brother, so it was a great opportunity for her to find her real family, and met her real brother.

How do you use SNS?
Would you try to find your biological family, if you were adopted?

No comments:

Post a Comment