Sunday, November 17, 2013

The longest flight

I read this news this week.
Now, the longest direct flights in the world is 19 hours on Singapore Airlines connect to Singapore to Newjersey since 2004. However the nonstop flights are going to be cancelled in this year because of the money problems. It is cost a lot to flight a long time, like using ton of engines.

I am not prefer to spend a lot of time in an airplane like spending over 10 hours. Because I am no able to move my body freely and the seat is kind of small for such a long flight. But I think there are good points on the longest flight. For example we do not have to change to a next flight. (connecting flight). Some analysts said that it means saving 6 hours.
To me, this news is not surprising and shocking, but I can understand the problem of money. If there is an airplane which flies the longest time, it needs many engine fuels. it is an obvious fact. So there is nothing we can do.

1 Have you ever experienced such a long flight? Hoe did you feel? If no, Do you prefer to connecting flight?
2 What do yo think about airline industry?

1 comment:

  1. I like layovers because I like walking around in different airports.

    ReplyDelete