Monday, November 18, 2013

Wombs for rent: India's surrogate mother boomtown

I found this controversial article from CNN.

In the India, surrogacy is popular among the women now. India has the second largest population of surrogates because of the low cost of the procedure or many good doctors, and their majority can get lots of money. However the system started to  be regulated by the government.

 I was shocked to know this situation in the India. Actually, the surrogates can get lots of money instead of their newborn babies and realize what they wanted to do like building a house or educating their own children. Both the surrogate and the couple who desires a child can start new life, but I'm concerned about children who were sent to unreal family. If the child knew the fact she or he would be shocked and feel sorrow. I believe that most children want to grow up with their real family if there is no problem such as abuse. In this article, one of the critics said "It's like organ sale." His opinion sounds extreme but I got similar feeling to his, because they give birth for money. This is very difficult and controversial issue, so I want many people to think about it.

I'd  like to ask you following questions.
1. Do you agree or disagree with this surrogacy issue in the India?
2. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment