Monday, October 21, 2013

1.6 Million Dollars Legacy

 Have you ever bought so much expensive things on the internet market or antique shop before? Me neither!
So today I found an interesting.... and quite rich news on Japan Times website.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/10/20/world/titanic-bandmasters-violin-is-sold-for-record-1-6-million-at-auction/#.UmSzdphTCSo

This article says the violin which was used by the bandmaster in Titanic has sold 1.6 million dollars on Saturday by a figure collector. The bandmaster's name is Wallace Hartley, the one victim of Titanic's disaster.  It was originally gift from his fiancee Maria Robbinson and mede in Germany. Unfortunately,  this instrument is not able to be used because this is corroded.

Titanic tragedy is now well-known by us by the popular movie. I guess this accident brought human beings how the ship must be built, and I want to pray for them. Anyway, I cannot image what can I do if i had 1.6 million dollars. Maybe I won't buy this kind of legacy,  but I want to go traveling abroad, like Germany. Also,  I wander that how this violin was left. It cannot be played already because of rotten from long time ago. Moreover, this article doesn't say who had been keeping this one. If I can, I want to see this violin a t once in my lives.

So I want to ask you guys
1.What kind of things do you pay 1.6 million dollars for?
2.What a thing have you ever amazed at the most?

Well, this is the song said that Wallace played during the ship sinking,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwLl5nY5WPI

Peace you.

No comments:

Post a Comment