Monday, October 7, 2013

It's humans, not hornets, who are invading

I found an opinion about a serious problem on CNN.

Around this season, giant hornets come into Asian countries such as China, Japan and Taiwan. Due to these hornets’ invading, more than 40 people have been dead. However, this author points out it is ‘human invading’ because they destroyed the hornets’ habitat by paving.

I will be scared if I see hornets looking like killers, so I understand why people wanted to exterminate them. As a result, the hornets killed many people. I agree with the author’s idea that human beings are responsible for these incidents. It is because I think although the hornets originally have not given any pain toward people, they might have threatened the killers as soon as people see them. I remember that in my childhood my parents told me that ‘Don’t attack hornets, they will not attack you’, and actually I haven’t  undergone any pain since then. It is clear that the hornets’ stings are so horrible, but we should consider another measure against this problem and how to live with these fierce insects.

Then I’ll give you some questions for discussion.
1. Have you got any pain from insects? If yes, what?
2. Please assume that there are many dangerous hornets now in Japan,do you think now Japan has any measures to resolve it? If yes, what? If no, can you come up with any ideas for resolving this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment