Monday, October 7, 2013

Russian President Putin take part in a celemony for the Olympic torch relay


I found an article about the next year’s Olympic on BBC.

 

The next winters Olympic will be held in Sochi, and Vladimir Putin who is the Russian President took part in a ceremony for the torch relay in Moscow. The Olympic fire has arrived from Greece, and Mr. Putin said the Games would show Russia’s “respect for equality and diversity”.

Actually, I do not know why the theme is “respect for equality and diversity, so I want to know more about the culture and the way of thinking of Russia. Russia has a large area, a lot of people and the influence in the world, so I hope that the next Olympic will be memorable for people all over the world. The distance of the Olympic torch relay is about 65,000km (40,000miles), and I look forward to watching the situation of the relay on TV. Also Mr. Putin said the Olympic flame is the symbol of peace and friendship, I think so too. There are many bad news in every country, but I expect all people will be impressed strongly by players all over the world.

 

Question

1      Do you know the Olympic flame and the torch relay?

2      What do you think about the influences of the sports?

No comments:

Post a Comment