Monday, October 7, 2013

Japanese language diplomacy



As a KUIS student, I am interested in an editorial written about language diplomacy and culture exchange on Japan Times. According to the article; a Japanese panel suggested Japanese teachers to teach language in Southeast Asian countries to exchange cultures. Therefore, they not only should come up with better ways to teach language, need to know how to adapt foreign lives to import their cultures.

 

I learn English with ELI teachers, so I strongly sure that learning language with native speaker improve language skill very well. Therefore, when I read this article, I thought that the proposal is good because it benefits both students learning Japanese in ASEAN countries and Japanese people. This article just mentions teachers, but I believe that their cultural exchanges will concern other Japanese people, especially their future students in japan. In addition, I also agree that both Japanese people and Southeast Asian should study the language each other owing to so-called globalization. Profound cultural understanding will encourage international relationships in ASEAN countries.

 
I want you to ask two questions.

1.    Do you think Japanese teachers should go to teach in other countries?

2.    Do you have any other ideas to learn different cultures?

No comments:

Post a Comment