Sunday, November 10, 2013

Holy Fire

Sochi Winter Olympic is coming soon, and I found an article about the "holy fire" on Japan Times.
 
 Two Russian cosmonauts performed a handoff of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games Torch when they walked on space outside the International Space Station on November 10, 2013. This was for the first time that the torch was on space even though it has visited the ISS before.
 
It was in 1969 that human reached and stood on the moon. The article reminded me of the great achievement. I have ever read a book about mission Apollo, and I realized how hard mission and big dream reaching the moon was for human. After I finished the book, I was so impressed and got interested in the space. Now, human have improved and developed lots of technologies, and many people reached the space. I think this is amazing!! According to the article I read, this was the first time the Olympic torch came to outside of the space. By progressing in many technologies, "for the first time" becomes “it has already done". It might come to the era when human could live in another planet in the future.

Questions
1 What do you think about improving techologies?
2 What can you see in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment