Sunday, November 10, 2013

Row over US mobile phone 'cockroach backpack' app

I found interesting news on BBC.

The Backyard Brains company in the U.S has invented  “Roboroach” which is so called electronic backpack and which allows the real cockroach to be controlled by a mobile phone application. For using a living creature, there are critical comments against it by critics who say it is very cruel.
At first looking, I thought the thing which ‘looked cockroach’ is completely a device, but it is actually a living thing, so I am surprised. I am interested in controlling it too. However, I partially agree with critics’ opinion. Don’t you feel the process of making “Roboroach” is cruel even if many Japanese people have a negative impression against a cockroach? Meanwhile, the attitudes of the company is great. It understands the current situation in neuroscience education well. In addition, I think nowadays more and more people like using smart phone with some apps, so the release of this product is timely and clever, therefore smart phone’s users can be attracted by it. Sales of the “cockroach” will depend on customers’ preferences.
Let me ask you some questions.
1. Are you for or against this U.S. product? Why?
2. As technology develops what kind of inventions with smart phone do you expect in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment