Monday, November 11, 2013

"Worse than hell" in Philippines


I found the article on CNN.


The big typhoon named Haiyan hit Philippines. There is no electricity, food and water. Many building were destroyed and many people were killed. Tacolban Mayor said “I have not spoken to anyone who has not lost someone”. Many people have got angry because of the authority’s slow reaction.


I feel depressed that the terrible disaster happened again. I heard that people have got angry to the authority’s slow reaction, so I thought people who have the power to solve problems did not learn from other cases. People should learn something from many disasters. And also I thought there are differences of the speed to revive between an advanced nation and a developing country. A developing country does not have ways to solve many problems and money to cost. Therefore, advanced nations need to help them and people who are in advanced countries should think about people in Philippines.

 

1)    Do you think all developed countries support Philippines?

2)    Do you think that many disasters are connected with the environmental problems?

1 comment: