Monday, November 4, 2013

Food crimes in America

I found a interesting article on cnn, eatocracy.

According to the article, food in the U.S was often stolen by someone. Crimes about food happened many times, so this year became a big year for food robber. For example, Bourbon or some wine cases were stolen in Kentucky and the amount of damage $26.000.

The example is not only this but also other cases about food crimes were listed. Why these cases happened this year? I guess there are some reasons but I don't think I can find the answer. I heard food crimes in Japan once. It was a big earthquake at the area of Tohoku in 2011. At that time, I was in Miyagi. Due to the stop of traffic, all of food distribution was stopped, so we have to get some food to survive. Supermarkets had not been working well, so it was easier to steal some food than usual. Of course I didn't do something like this! but I heard some people who I don't know did. Fortunately the robbers were less.  In Japan, food crimes are not common except under the particular situation. There are many food crimes in America, however, the food is not actually the necessities of life like wine or Campbell’s soup. I think that' just a crime, should be banned strictly.

I have 2 questions here:
Why do you think the robbers steal a much amount of food?
Do you think is it okay to steal some food when we have to survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment