Monday, November 4, 2013

Happiness at work: Why money isn't the only thing that matters

I found this article on CNN.

Social motivations make our brains feel physical pleasure and  reject physical pains. One study discovered that individuals who were made feel rejected lowered 15% on an IQ test. That means social motivations are all rewarding and affect positively our brains. Do you have any experience like this? After I read this article, I was able to understand what exactly this article means because I have ever experienced such a positive effect on me. For example, when I was praised from someone, I  felt very glad and I got the feeling that I make efforts to work or study much harder. This shows that the praise from someone have a positive influence on my brain, and the motivation connected to my physical pleasure. Also, I realized that our state of mind and physical state are related each other strongly. Doing something good or fair not only makes someone feel better but also boosts our own productivity or motivation.

I'd like to ask you following questions.
1. Do you have any experience like this article ?
2.If you answer Yes, What is your episode like?

1 comment:

  1. I wonder that how our human body try to remove the pain when they are in good social motivation. I guess our brain produce some scientific materials to our body ; )
    Good article!!

    ^^b

    ReplyDelete