Sunday, November 3, 2013

Japan's gender gap!!

I found this article on The Japan Times.

According to this article, the Japan's gender gap was ranked in 105th of 136 countries. This is the lowest rank ever. Following this situation, the government set a goal; to increase the percentage of woman in leadership positions in every sector of society to 30 percent by 2020.

When I noticed this article, I was really shocked as position of women. Despite this issue has been on a debate, any improvement can'be seen. That is really sad. I especially suggest that the government should make more effort to the child care. Because, many woman are eager to return to their workplace even they have children, or after childbirth, but there are no enough nursery schools to fulfill their needs. It is really serious problems among the women. If they can leave their children to nursery school, more and more women can return to their job, and then they can work as equal as men do. If it will so, the rank would be more higher I think.

I have questions!
1) What is more priority things to deal with gender problem?
2) What do you expect for government to prompt the gender issue?

1 comment: