Monday, November 4, 2013

Niger aims to prevent Sahara death.

I found a serious ploblem about Sahara desert at BBC.

The plan which is to ban traveling north out of Niger for women and children is concerned in Niger. On earlier last week, many migrants especially women and children who wanted to get a new job in other places died during their travels the Sahara desert. The plan seems to prevent such a horrible thing.
I was surprised at the serious situation about the country and a way to get a new job. In my case, I can search a job which is located as accessible as possible from my house. In addition, I can select a job from some of them by using the Internet or magazines. However according to the news, they were swearing on their lives to get a new work by traveling the desert. From this article, I can feel how the country's economic situation and transportation are poor for them. However, as the article said, I also think that it is difficult to try to ban traveling through the desert. The reason why is that the rule will involve not only Niger but also other countries. I think it is hard so I consider that the country has to improve own country's economic situation more.

Q1. If you were migrants like them, would you through the desert to get a new job?
Q2. If you were a civilian of the country, what would you want the government to reconsider ?(transportation, working poor etc..)

No comments:

Post a Comment