Sunday, December 8, 2013

Change of the union jack

I read this article on BBC.

Scotland will have a referendum on independence in 10 months; however, the happening to the union jack has not been mentioned. If the Scotland become independent, the flag should be changed so an association of flags created some designs of it to promote the discussion. 

Having the referendum of the independence is already decided, but the new design of the national flag is not considered, I felt that it is not natural. I had wondered that there are nothing shows the Wales in the union jack, and the answer was in this article. When the current flag was designed, Wales was a part of the English Kingdom, but now, Wales is not managed by other parts, as this article mentions, I also think that it should be appeared in the new flag. I do not think that to change the design of flag is easy but it certainly is important for the U.K. and the people, so it should be discussed carefully.

I have questions about this article.
1. Do you think that the flag need to be changed? Why or why not?
2. What do you think that this issue has been overlooked? 

1 comment: