Monday, December 9, 2013

Japanese avtive elderly woman

I found an article about Japanese on CNN.

According to this article, Mieko Nagaoka who 99 year-old(!) is won swimming competition, got more medals and broke the records. Japan has the highest proportion of working seniors in the developed world, but many elderly people still have enough power to keep an active life.

Nowadays Japan is well known as an aging society, it looks not good for our future. However, Elderly people have much knowledge and many experience of working, life, and on relationship. We can learn many things from them.This article mentioned everybody have a stereotype for elderly people, such as not active or walking with a cane, but I think it is not true. My grandpa and grandma can walk actively and do everything in our house. I am so proud of them, even I live apart from them.  I love my grandma and grandpa, and I always talk to and be with them when I go back to my hometown. I miss them so much because I read this article.


Here are 2 questions:

Do you have any stereotype of senior people between 60-100 year-old?
Why do you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment