Monday, December 9, 2013

Otattos -Otaku tattoos-

I read this article on Japantimes.
 In Western countries, “Otattoos” is very popular but Japan is still unwilling to allow tattoos in to society. One tattoo artist, Benny who loved Japanese tattooing and Japanese manga, so he tries to broaden it to Otaku.
When I read this article, I was surprised by the picture of tattoos because Japanese animation characters were drawn in arms. I’ve never seen such a design. In my opinion I don’t want tattoo such an animation character. If I want erase it, it is difficult to erase tattoo cleanly and it cost a lot of money. But actually, I don’t care about tattoos very much. I just regard it fashion. However, many of Japanese think that tattoos are connected in Yakuza. In short, tattoos are not accepted in Japanese society. As Benny said, “it is a sad stereotype”. I hope that this stereotype will be changed.
1. What do you think about tattoos? 2. What is the difference between western countries and japan in tattoo?

1 comment: