Sunday, December 8, 2013

What can tourists expect when visiting North Korea?


I read this interesting article on CNN.

Tourists can enjoy visiting North Korea by joining in a tour. Actually, about 6,000 western people had visited there for a year. The tour is designed with strict rules and trained guides. Therefore, tourists are necessary to consider their leaders and history to travel safely.

I am a little interested in visiting North Korea, but I would never like to visit there because I am afraid to enter the country. In fact, as this article mentions, an American retired solder held just before he left North Korean 10 days travel. I think it was a terrible thing, and North Korea ignores human rights. On the other hand, I was surprised that there are more tourists to the country than I had imagined. Also, another article related this one stated that people can bring cameras and mobile phones while they are stay in North Korea. That report brought small change to my stereotype concerning North Korea.

I have two questions.
1. Would you like to join in a tour to North Korea if you can?
2. What do you expect in North Korea? Where would you like to go and what would like to know about the country?

No comments:

Post a Comment