Monday, December 9, 2013

Is digital piracy possible on any object?

I found an interesting article this week.

Thanks to the presence of a 3D printer, everyone can now make anything they want. While this advanced technology attracts people’s attention, there is a controversy for being questioned whether piracy is violated. The chief executive of a 3D company says he doesn’t think we need the marketplace.

I really feel technology is being advanced. Recently I saw  TV program featuring this kind of machinery creating what children want to get after saying “apple,”. I was amazed. Nowadays in Japan more and more people come to download many favorite songs without buying CDs. Although Japanese people have neglected to protect the copyright because of its lax enforcement, recently I saw a person who was arrested. Therefore I think Japan’s attitudes are changing. Making something useful and complex such as electronic appliances easily is really needed, so balancing between the presence of piracy and technology is important and difficult to do. If the 3D printer become more practical, I hope it will be used to make something for medical treatment.

Let me ask some questions.
1. Can you come up with something made by the 3D printer that might infringe copyright?
2. Are you for or against the idea that “we don’t need a marketplace, it’s a sharing world.”

Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment