Monday, December 9, 2013

Sub Culture on the Skin!

How do you imagine when you hear tattoo? Perhaps someone think it can be seen on the skin whose works in the world of Mafia or just enjoying its coolness. This article from Japan Times is about the tattoo as one of a culture in Japan.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2013/12/09/lifestyle/otaku-culture-gets-under-the-skin/#.Uqab_dKBk2Z

The issue of tattoo has been discussed for a long time. Recently,  the mayor of Osaka, Mr Hashimoto tried to find all police officer who has tattoo on the skin. On the other hand,  the tattoo , in Japanese, Irezumi is popular in overseas as one part ob Japanese culture. The design has also been changing as well, for example, the animation character are often draw on customer's skin.

Some wise said that the appearance shows us the 90 percents of one's characteristic, and I agree. Of course it is one demand if they want to have tattoo or not, but to be honest,  it can scare other people. Therefore I don't hope them to be public officer. I sometimes see foreigner who has tattoo. If they like Japan and try to have cultural tattoo, it doesn't matter me. Moreover, I am quite glad they decided to do it. The difference I will be afraid and be happy is "they respect Japanese culture or not". I have been wondering that they cannot go to hot spring because most of them do not allow those people inside of their facility, and how do they feel. someday I want to know by talking with ... man with Irezumi.

Here are my questions to you guys;
How do you feel when you saw tattoo?
What do you think: what kind of Japanese culture should be spread to the world more?

No comments:

Post a Comment