Monday, September 30, 2013

Ballet dancers' brains ‘adapt to spins’


I found this article on BBC.

Summary
A study found that brains of ballet dancers have different structures from others. As the dancers train to spin in a special way not to feel dizzy, their brains decrease signal to get dizzy. The mechanism may be useful for patients suffering from chronic dizziness.

Reflection
I have been thought that ballet dancers do not get dizzy only when they are dancing and they are same as other people when they do not dance. Therefore, I was surprised that they are better than others after they spin on a chair. I easily felt sick by using a car when I was a child, so I used to really want not to feel dizzy like ballet dancers. I still want to be not to feel dizzy, so I would like to train it. Also, I thought that practicing hard is important because it is written that dancers with more experience tend to be strong against spin.

Questions
1.      If you know how to train spins without feeling dizzy, would you try it?
2.      If you can get an ability like an athlete, what would you like to do?

1 comment: