Friday, October 4, 2013

Rakugo

 One of the Japanese traditional arts is known as "rakugo" around the world. I found an article on Japan Times.

 According to this article, Shunputei Ichinosuke is going to go to Europe to perform sit-down comedy, which is called "rakugo", from October 11 to 22. This is the first time for him to tour and perform "rakugo", so he is going to use Englesh subtitle to make audiences enjoy.

 I was excited to read the article, because through his tour, many people in Europe may get intetested in Japan, even though there are already a lot of foreigner who are interested in Japan and Japanese culture, so I am rooting for him. Anyway, I have never seen "rakugo" in theater, so I would like to go to see it in the future at least once. Sometime, "rakugo" is broadcasted on TV, and when I watch it, it always makes me attract. Performers are just wearing kimono and have a fan. Using it, they make audiences fun. I am sure that "rakuga" can meke audiences in Europe understand how interesting it is.

Questions
1, Have you ever seen rakugo before? How is it?
2, Do you think rakugo can make audiences in Europe feel fun? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment