Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Importance of Eye Contact

I read this article this week.

<Summary>
People always make eye contact with their family and friends, and sometimes they make it even with strangers. Therefore, eye contact is important for us to communicate with others. However, because of technologies like TV and iPhone, the number of making eye contact are decreasing. The technologies that we use everyday are killing our communication.

<Reflection>
I had awareness that watching TV and using phones obstract conversation. Sometimes I try to send an e-mail while I am talking with my family or friends. I think that it is not good thing, so I should stop doing such a thing. I think that it is good to use phone or Internet as the way of contact with people, but using too much is bad. I want to spend good time with my family and friends without any technologies. It is hard for me to look others in the eye a little, but I have to make eye contact to know about each other.

<Discussion Questions>
1. Do you try to make eye contact with others during conversation?
2. How long do you use your phone in a day?

1 comment:

  1. We agree with this statement. We think it is the most important to communicate face-to-face.
    from Yuta, Sari, Nayuki and Yuka.

    ReplyDelete