Monday, September 30, 2013

The Earthquake struck in Pakistan

This article is on BBC. It is very interesting, but also very sad news.

[Summary]
A few days ago, the strong earthquake occurred in south-west Pakistani, and at least 400 people died because of this disaster. The US Geological Survey measured this tremor, and it is 6.8 magnitude. Rescue have been delayed by the broken roads, so many people still have to sleep in the open air.

[Reflection]
I remembered the Tohoku Earthquake when I read this article. I also remembered that an important thing is to prepare for an earthquake. An earthquake cannot be foreseen, so it is too late to be hasty when it occurs. And I hope that many survivors can eat something and sleep indoors as soon as possible. I think the Japanese Government should give assistance to the stricken area, because the Japanese Government has already known how to reconstruct than another country. I want the Pakistani Government to apply the lesson from the Tohoku Earthquake. I pray for early revival of the disaster-stricken area.

[Discussion Question]
1 What do you know about the preparation for the earthquake?
2 What can we do for the sufferers?

No comments:

Post a Comment