Monday, September 30, 2013

Gunmen open fire on sleeping college students in Nigeria

I found a serious article on CNN.

Summary

Gunmen killed at least 40 college students in Nigeria on Sunday. They approached when the students were sleeping on the male dorm. The gunmen are members of Boko Haram which targets school or church so far. Nigerian President decided to a new wing and declared an emergency. (47 words)

Reflections

I cannot believe Nigeria’s situation and the existence of such an evil group when I read this article. The way to target college students is not fair because they were sleeping. I think Africa has many problems not only something like this but also wars and some conflicts among countries. The problems also have caused poorness of food there.When I heard sad news in Africa on TV or on the Internet, I felt disappointed about it and it makes me sad. It is just my opinion but that is why the poorness and the existence of evil group is a little bit connected each other. I wonder whether the president can manage this gunmen or not. Killing people is very serious problem, so I want the other rich countries to help people like children and the elderly who may be caused harm by enemies. (144 words)

Discussions

1. What do you think if are there gunmen in Japan?

2. What should other countries do to punish to the gunmen?

No comments:

Post a Comment