Monday, December 2, 2013

current class systems are migrating to online system...?

 I found this article on The Japan Times



These days, 46 percent of university students take a course online. What is more, 65 percent of U.S education canters use the Internet course entirely, and these online programs are numerous and growing. As a advantages of taking the class on the Internet, class members do not need to attend to the class and they can make their schedule as they want.

Be honest, I don’t have a good image of taking class online because attending the class, taking with face to face is important to grow communication skills for me. However, according to the article, even meetings, discussions, and presentations which are tend to recognized as a impossible programs on the Internet are available. Furthermore, what is really convenient for me was that this program abolishes attendance credit systems. If it were taken, students and also teachers would be not held by class and able to use time effectively. I can understand these advantages of online programs and really convenience for me because actually I often wish if a day is not 24 hours but longer. On the other hand, I am worry about less communication of face to face. I can’t disagree to the idea but also can’t agree with it.

which do you think is better in the future to take the class on the Internet or by person?
if you were teacher, what do you think of this online program systems?

No comments:

Post a Comment