Monday, December 2, 2013

Cycling in London

This week I read this article on BBC. In London, one in five cyclists say that they have stopped cycling to work because of the deaths in roads. A study showed 20% cyclists have involved in an accident. Actually, six cyclists were killed between 14 days and 68% cyclists says that roads in London are not safe. I did not have image of people use bicycles in London, so I was surprised when I read this news. I think it is good to use bicycles as their transportation because it helps reducing CO2. I think that many people have started using bicycles instead of cars from the reason. However, it will cause many accidents if people do not obey the rules in roads, particularly in the morning busy roads. I agree with cyclists because I think that the capital's roads such as London and Tokyo are always crowded and accidents are often happen. To stop accidents, the government should set up laws and cyclists and drivers have to pay attention to drive in roads. In my hometown, some roads have a sidewalk for cycling, it is more safe for not only cyclists but also walkers and drivers. I have two questions relating to this article. 1, What do you think about the number of people who died in the cycling accidents in London? 2, Do you know some rules or laws about cyclists in Japan?

No comments:

Post a Comment