Monday, December 2, 2013

Man exits ferry, admits killing Chiba ex-girlfriend

I found this article on BBC.

Last Wednesday’s afternoon, a woman was killed nearby JR Motoyawata station in Chiba. The victim, Shiori Yuasa, 22 was stabbed in her stomach with a kitchen knife by her former boyfriend, Hayato Oka 23. He was running away, but finally he was arrested at a ferry terminal on Hachijo Island.

I heard this murder case on TV news, and I was very surprised because it happened near the city where I live; there are only three stations from the nearest station of my dormitory to Motoyawata station. The woman who was killed was 22 years old and she had a daughter, so I feel really pity for her and her daughter. According to the article, in September, she had gone to the police and asked some help because she was being bothered by her former boyfriend, but the police just warned the man verbally as they did not confirm any violent action against her. I think she might not have been killed if the police treated her problem as more serious. They should think each consultation more carefully and make an effort to prevent such crimes.

Questions:
・What do you think about this murder case?
・Do you think the police’ s behavior was appropriate?

No comments:

Post a Comment