Monday, December 2, 2013

Successful executives and the four-hour sleep myth

I think it’s useful to read this article.

One person regards plenty of sleep as an essential thing to do best that day, while the other believes it is irrelevant to whether he functions well. “How much time should we sleep for” is our big concern, and it is what researchers have struggled to get answer.

I usually sleep for about six hours each day, but I feel it does not meet my demand. This is because I can’t finish all things that I have to do or want to do, that is, I stay up late many times. As a conclusion, this article points out that those who do not get much sleep will be disadvantaged in some elements such as concentration and caution, although some feel good the next morning. I partially agree with the author’s opinion, but my everyday condition is inconsistent even if I sleep for eight hours. This may be because sleeping hours or the time I lie on my bed is different. Anyway, as there is a phrase “food, clothing, and shelter”, which is essential for humans, we are likely to need to sleep enough to do my best.

Let me ask some questions.
1. What time do you usually go to bed? and do you try to do something for sleep?

2. If you are forced to cut your sleep many times for work, will you come up with some good ideas, or will you determine to quit your job? Please think of your priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment