Sunday, December 1, 2013

I am afraid of "Tkeshita-dori"

I found an interesting article on Japan Times.

Harajuku was chosen to the most popular tourist destination in Japan for both Japanese and foreigher in a survey this year by trip adviser. One of the reason why other countries choose the area is that there are no pachinko parlors and "fuzoku" shops nearby.

 I have been to Takeshita-dori at Harajuku twice before. There are so many people and a lot of shops there. Everyone seemed to enjoy shopping so much, but I did not. The reason why I was not able to enjoy it is that some black people are persistent. They run their shops and try to catch visiters persistently. When I was walking at Takeshita-dori, some blacks approached me and I was taken to their shops forcibly. I don't like this way to sell their goods, so I decided that I would never pass the street again, even if I go to Harajuku.

Questions
1 Have you ever been to Takeshita-dori, and how did you feel it?
2 What do you think of the way of black people in Takeshita-dori to sell goods?

1 comment:

  1. the black people and too much tourists make me annoy ;(

    ReplyDelete