Monday, December 2, 2013

Difficulties for Japanese employees

  
I read this article in this week.
For Japanese employees, their paid holidays are far lower than in most countries. A Japanese low stipulates that employers have to accept paid holidays to the employee who worked more than six months and at least 80 percent of their designed workdays during that period.
I was surprised by reading this article because Japanese employees work hard. Once I heard that Japanese working time is longer than other countries but I did not know about the number of their paid holidays and the rate. Although Japanese low stipulate the holidays but Japanese worker could not take them actually. In my opinion, the reason why they do not apply for paid holiday is due to Japanese ethics. Japanese companies should change the atmosphere. If they do not improve, the employees might suffer mental and physical damage.

I have two questions for you. If you are working at a strict company, could you ask your boss to get paid holidays? Why do you think Japanese employees cannot take paid holidays?

1 comment: