Monday, October 14, 2013

Lost in the wilderness: 72-year-old man survives 19 days, eating lizards, squirrels

I found an interesting article from CNN.

A man who is 72 years old lost his way in the forest during hunting deer and was rescued from severe survival. He survived with a diet of lizards, frogs, and squirrels for 19 days. When I read this news I was very surprised, and I imagined that if I were the man I was not able to survived like this. According to this news, when he knew he got lost he managed to think how to survive, what to eat and drink, and how to stay warm. I felt that his energy to live made me have a rethink on what should I do in an emergency. There is a possibility that a dangerous accident or unexpected natural disaster will happen around me in the future, so it is very important to prepare enough provisions for emergency or discuss how to contact with family beforehand. Of course, what to do to live after the incident is very important, but things that we can prepare for the incident is also essential and it will help us in case of a dengerous situation.

I'd like to ask you following questions.
1, What would you do first, when you got lost in a forest?
2, Have you prepared emergency provisions in your house, or decided how to contact with your family in en emergency?

No comments:

Post a Comment