Monday, October 14, 2013

Sad news to chocolate lovers

Hello. I found a shocking article on CNN.

According to the article, the price of chocolates is rising because of growing demand in new markets and bad weather in countries which produce cacaos. Actually, the price of cocoa butter has risen by 70%, and the production cost of milk chocolate bars has rapidly increased by 25%.

This news completely demotivated me and made me feel down because I am a chocolate lover. I basically eat black chocolates rather than milk chocolates or others, and of course, black chocolates contain more cacaos, so I can easily understand that the price of black chocolates is going to rise rapidly. I realized that this has caused bad things to not only chocolates lovers like me but also workers who raise cacao beans as their jobs. Obviously, their everyday lives depend on the cacao beans (chocolates), but they were not able to produce a lot of cacao beans due to the bad weather, so their income is going to decrease although the price of chocolates is rising.

Then, I came up with 2 questions for you.
1, Do you keep buying what you really like even if its price rises rapidly?
2, How would you guarantee their stable income if you were an agent between cacao beans workes and retail stores?

4 comments:

  1. This is awful. My favorite is very dark chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! But we will continue to buy chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is shocking news for us. we are chocolate lovers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhhhh, i am so disapointed of such a sad fact. i should save my money to buy chocolates.....;(

    ReplyDelete